Working together to improve health and social care. We support health and social care innovation across the West of Scotland and address key challenges to improve health, social care and service delivery by.
What we do
- We co-design, co-develop and co-deliver health and social care innovation in the West of Scotland.
- We provide end to end support, from conception to procurement.
- We support innovation that addresses key challenges to improve health, social care and service delivery.
Who we work with
- We work with clinical and social care teams, academics, industry, the third sector and funding bodies.
- We work with and are part of the six NHS Boards and fourteen Health and Social Care Partnerships that cover the West of Scotland.
- We are hosted by NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde, one of the largest NHS organisations in the UK.
- We work with the other NHS Scotland test beds: Health Innovation South East Scotland and NHS Grampian Innovation Hub.
- Our Partners include: The Chief Scientist Office, Health Information Assessment Portal, Scottish Health Information Ltd. and the Digital Health and Care Innovation Centre.
We provide access to NHS test bed infrastructure
- Clinical research facility, CTU and Research Pharmacy.
- Medical Device Unit.
- eHealth system, data integration and Safe Haven research data.
- Healthcare delivery environments.
- Biorepository and pathology.
- Diagnostics and research imaging.
- All supported by contractual, ethical and regulatory frameworks.
We have a strong track record
- Deliver many projects with many innovators every year.
- Support successful innovation funding bids, from Small Business Research Initiatives (SBRIs) to multi-million-pound projects.
- Have scaled-up innovation solutions to regional and national adoption
- Deliver and support award-winning innovation projects including:
- The Scottish Health Awards 2020 - Innovation Award - vCreate
- Scottish Digital Health and Care Awards 2021 - COVID-19 Response Award - vCreate
- Scottish Digital Health and Care Awards 2021 - Technology Enabled Independent Living Award - Dynamic Scot
- Scottish Life Sciences Awards 2021 - Innovative Collaboration Award - iCAIRD
- HSJ Awards 2021 - Digitising Patient Services Initiative Digital - Dermatology Assessment
- Scottish Digital Health and Care Awards 2022 - Data Driven Innovation Award - iCAIRD Pathology Digitisation & AI
- Scottish Digital Health and Care Awards 2022 - Industry Collaboration Award - Dynamic AI
- Media coverage such as with vCreate secure video service on BBC Breakfast TV and STV News.
- See our Exemplar Projects and Latest Update sections for further examples.